Tuesday, July 18, 2017

7/18/17 (Tues) Who am I?

I am listening to a free meditation for the next three weeks from Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey. Today's meditation asks:

Who am I?

When I really listen to my inner voice, I want to be:

Patient, kind, responsible, available, soft-spoken, loving, listening, quiet confidence, non justifying, quietly focusing on myself but projecting my energy toward others, accepting, encouraging, quiet

I know she is in there.

Over the years I have become:

Impatient, type-A, irritable, selfish, driven, opinionated, dominating, insecure, complaining, always drawing attention to myself, egotistical, judgmental, gossipy, critical, loud



Image result for you are what your deepest desire is

5 comments:

  1. I've done that series before.
    I also like the headspace app.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Impatient, type-A, irritable, selfish, driven, opinionated, dominating, insecure, complaining, always drawing attention to myself, egotistical, judgmental, gossipy, critical, loud"

    What a fantastic insight KS so many of us will read that sentence and say "oh shit that was/is me"

    I know alcohol isn't the true cause of our behaviour and that what lies beneath is an unhappy, unsatisfied and frustrated human screaming to get out... but when we drink, out comes this horrible inner self we have become due to ignoring ourselves for so long.

    Good on you for this post... I wish I had the patience for meditation. I am going to print this out and look at it each day :)
    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 21 day meditation is pretty easy. I hardly ever sit for the 20 minutes, but I get a lot out of the message.

      Delete
  3. PS since giving up alcohol I have more of the "Patient, kind, responsible, available, soft-spoken, loving, listening, quiet confidence, non justifying, quietly focusing on myself but projecting my energy toward others, accepting, encouraging, quiet" than I ever had before. Perhaps this happens naturally when we are aware of ourselves..
    Long-way-to-go-Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete