Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This sucks!  I can't get any sleep - night sweats, heart doing summersaults in my chest, rapid heart rate, overwhelming anxious feelings that come and go, feel like my head gets a sudden amount of pressure like is is going to blow up, headaches!!!!!!  When will it stop?  I have not drank for 3 days.  I need some rest!  I didn't even drink that much, for pete's sake - 2,3,4 times a week/2,3,4 drinks usually/5,6,7 drinks 3-4 times a month - and only beer and wine!  


For many years I have not thought that I am alcohol dependent.  I am now starting to see that every time I do a 3,4,5 day abs I feel like sh*t.  I can't sleep, anxious, restless, irritated, heart racing, insides shaking, hot flashes/night sweats, etc.  I have come to realize after about 10 years of symptoms (20 years of drinking) - that I do not have the flu, anxiety, stress, irritation kids/husband/family members, menopause, depression, etc.  Since the only thing that makes me get relief from these symptoms - after 2,3,4,5 days is alcohol - I am ALCOHOL DEPENDENT!  I am may not be a raging alcoholic, but I am most definitely alcohol dependent.  My 2,3,4,5 glasses of wine 2,3,4,5 times a week have changed (IMHO) my body chemistry.  That scares me because, from what I understand, this can be a problem that gets progressively worse for someone like me that has "the addictive gene".  

No comments:

Post a Comment