Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday, August 15, 2011

So, today is the third day and I still physically feel horrible.  Can't sleep at night...heart racing...like a shaking feeling inside...anxious....restless...tired....bored....hot flashes.  I now understand, thanks in part to Tucker, that these are withdrawals from alcohol.  I never understood that before.  I just thought that the hangover lasted one, maybe two, days.  If I felt bad after that there was some other reason...stressed about something...everyone else was causing my grumpiness....I was catching something like the flu...some external reason.  I know am also beginning to understand that by next Friday, my body will be telling me that I am fine, don't have a problem, what is the beg deal....still part of the withdrawal.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning,
    I hope you slept well and are feeling better today. I can't decide which withdrawl symptoms I hate the most, the palpitations, the swimming in the sheets sweats, or the sleeplessness. If I look back I started experiencing them at least 6 years ago and, like you, I thought they were just bad HO's. Good for you for recognizing them for what they are early and doing something about it. Thankfully, I also never had hallucinations, I found a dead bat in my bathtub the other day, if I had been in the throes of withdrawl I might have thought it was a flying monkey. lol Let's stick this out together, it's going to get better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the credit, but I haven't exactly recognized them early. They have been going on for probably at least ten years, I just finally started seeing them for what they are.

    ReplyDelete