Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sober Saturday 11/27/11

I did not drink last night.  Not because I couldn't, but because I didn't want to.  This was a big accomplishment - I think the first time in 20 years to do so without a glass of wine in my hand.  Just another occasion to drink in the past. I made a couple of interesting observations.

1.  We put up our Christmas tree and I did not get in a fight with dh - that is a first!
2.  He thought the tree was crooked so we took it back and got a different one - that would have pissed me off if I would have been drinking - who cares - it is fine - if we leave,  I have to take a break form my wine! (I would have thought that one to myself - probably on a subconscious level)
3.  While we were getting a new one - I saw 4 people I knew - I wasn't trying to avoid them bc they might smell the alcohol or I might act stupid.  I don't even think they had been drinking!  Hmmmm - I thought everyone drank on Saturdays.
4.  We decided we needed more lights at 7:00.  Dd and I went to get more.  That would have pissed me off in the past - It's fine - who cares - Why do I always have to do it! - I shouldn't be driving anyway!  (I would think that one to myself - probably on a subconscious level)
5.  We stopped right in the middle - ate dinner and watched a movie - that wouldn't have happened in the past.  I get a little hell bent on getting things finished when drinking.  Let's just get it done even though dh wanted to watch a movie.
6.  I did not wake up this morning to a sink full of dirty dishes - I actually did them before I went to bed.

Interesting .......

No comments:

Post a Comment