Sunday, July 10, 2011

7/10/11 (Sun) - HANGOVER! - plan 20 days abs

am beginning to think I am unable to moderate.  Yesterday did not go as planned.  I did moderate in the beginning, but then just stopped caring.  Have a hangover today and am pretty mad.  I am absing for the next 20 days.  What I would really like to be able to say after 20 days is "Hey, I like living this way better ... I am going to continue my abs" .... instead of white knuckling through it and then jumping right back in where I left off.  I think I am really beginning to feel like a failure in this department and I know that those negative feelings do not help with my goal.  I know - don't beat yourself up.  To be honest, I am pretty pissed off at myself right now - and I should be - this is ridiculous (this struggle, lack of progress).  I need to get honest and admit to myself that this is turning into a real problem for me.  I do not want to end up like my father. It never occurred to me that maybe he also struggled the way I am before it got completely out of control. I know that we moved around a lot when I was little because he lost his job or just wanted to start again in a new place.  I don't think we would have moved if he wasn't trying.  My personality is so much like his - outgoing, fun, lots of energy (maybe misdirected), addictive.  I have only talked to him a couple of times in the last 10 years.  Maybe I should give him a call - he is sober now - and talk to him about my struggles.  Maybe not - I don't know.  I do know I will not drink today.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. I am in the same place. I remember the first time I managed to abs for a few days. I thought I had it licked. That was a long time ago and I was so naive. When I read messages on the list from people that haven't drank for 2+ years and now they want to try again I get so discouraged because I think they've been totally sober for 2 years and they still want to drink? Why? I'm hanging in there with you, trying to get my first 30 in there before the one year anniversary of my blog.

    ReplyDelete