Monday, January 6, 2014

Pick your hard

Last night I was going through some of my old posts from my abstinent periods to try to figure out how long it took for me to stop being so tired.

I ran across a post that talked about a friend of mine.  She was going to Weight Watchers at the time.  The counselor said, "Being fat is hard...losing weight is hard...pick your hard."

I think it can also apply to alcohol in my life  "Drinking is hard.....not drinking is hard.....pick your hard."

When I drink on the weekends, I have figured our that 6 hours of drinking takes me 60 hours to recover from.  I think that answers the question.

6 comments:

  1. omg, i love this. "pick your hard". sooooo helpful. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really helpful way to think about it- if both choices are hard, it clarifies how to decide. Great thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, I've missed you. Not drinking is hard, but it gets easier, drinking just got harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kary! I was glad to see how well you have been doing!

      Delete
  4. Wow I love this way to look at it and yes, even a week end can take a long time to recover from. damn it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my name is Chloe Elizabeth I'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Dr ogunsnya who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Dr ogunsnya can help you too Email him at

    (drogunsnya@gmail.com)

    WhatsApp +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete