Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Escape

Photo: I have come to drag you out of yourself and take you in my heart. I have come to bring out the beauty you never knew you had and lift you like a prayer to the sky.

Rumi

I just love this picture.  To me it represents how alcohol has been keeping me fenced in.  I have just lived for the weekends so I could drink.  And then I just recovered from the weekend.  I never really wanted to deal with anything (finances, relationships, commitments, etc).  I feel like I am slowly releasing the chains alcohol has on me so that I can move on to better times (greener pastures).

2 comments:

  1. Great image. And releasing the chains sounds about right to me, too! Gook luck moving on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic and I love the journey. I have a blog early in my sobriety about being chained by alcohol, I think one common theme in sobriety is "freedom". Freedom is a wonderful thing. Your weekends no longer belong to booze, nor your mornings, nor your evenings...you're free.

    ReplyDelete