Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Escape

Photo: I have come to drag you out of yourself and take you in my heart. I have come to bring out the beauty you never knew you had and lift you like a prayer to the sky.

Rumi

I just love this picture.  To me it represents how alcohol has been keeping me fenced in.  I have just lived for the weekends so I could drink.  And then I just recovered from the weekend.  I never really wanted to deal with anything (finances, relationships, commitments, etc).  I feel like I am slowly releasing the chains alcohol has on me so that I can move on to better times (greener pastures).

3 comments:

  1. Great image. And releasing the chains sounds about right to me, too! Gook luck moving on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic and I love the journey. I have a blog early in my sobriety about being chained by alcohol, I think one common theme in sobriety is "freedom". Freedom is a wonderful thing. Your weekends no longer belong to booze, nor your mornings, nor your evenings...you're free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my name is Chloe Elizabeth I'm from USA i want to testify of a great and powerful spell caster my husband left me and the kids for 2 weeks when i called him he didn't pick up when he came back home the 3rd week he told me he wanted a divorce i was so sad i cried all night he left again i was so lonely the next day i was searching for something online when i found a spell caster called Dr ogunsnya who have helped so many people with their problems so i contacted him with my problems he told me it will take 24hrs and my husband will be back to me i did every thing he told me to do and the next day my husband came back kneeling and begging he canceled the divorce we are now happy together Dr ogunsnya can help you too Email him at

    (drogunsnya@gmail.com)

    WhatsApp +2347064365391

    ReplyDelete