Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 6 - hope it gets better

I am a teacher and today is my first day back after what was supposed to be a rejuvenating, relaxing, take care of myself 2 weeks off,  Instead I drank 7 of the 16 days off and had 3 hangovers, one of which I am still feeling the effects of.  I could not sleep at all last night - maybe got 4 hours.  I am so tired it.  It sucks to pull yourself out of bed thinking "Well let's get this over with" - as in the whole day! Like- let's get the day over with so I can get back to bed.  Was super sensitive yesterday, got in a stupid fight with 19 yo dd.  And all I keep thinking about is the all inclusive Caribbean vacation I booked for 6 months from now!  How am I going to do it? Can I go without drinking? Should I just drink that one week? What a waste of money if I don't!  I know - stupid! Just keeping it real.
Well - let's get this day over with - at least the kids aren't back today :(

2 comments:

  1. Hey~ I totally understand the all inclusive vacation thing. I leave for one on Feb. 1st. I took Belle's Team 100 no drinking challenge. (Have you read her blog or about the challenge) When I leave for our trip I will be 102 days. I have asked myself the same thing maybe I will drink just that week? I couldn't even think about this trip when I started this challenge. There are 5 couples and everyone but me will be drinking tons. I am not ready to start drinking again. This is the first time I have made it past 2 weeks. Today is Day 76. I made my challenge into 180 days now. I never thought I would make it. I have had a million Day 1s. I'm afraid if I do drink on that trip it would just start another binge that will last how many days, months and weeks and after all my hard work will be down the drain. Don't think about your trip, just focus on today, no drinking today. If I can do it, so can you. I have told a few on the trip I am not drinking and I already called the resort and ordered sparkling water b/c they don't have it and I am not a soda drinker. It won't be easy but I am not giving up an adult trip to paradise w/o my children, lol. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your vacation, momma bee. Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete