Monday, January 23, 2017

1/23/17 (Mon) Disappointed

I have to say I am a little disappointed in myself today in my failure over the weekend.  I told myself I wasn't going to beat myself up and I did not yesterday but I am back to feeling that same way on Monday - uninspired, tired, sad, wanting just to crawl into bed.  I don't know if I am physically hungover but I am emotionally hungover.  Just all the more reason to stop for good.

I asked my kids (18 and 22 yo) if they would be disappointed in me if I drank Saturday night. They both said, "We don't care if you drink or not - we just don't like to see you be so hard on yourself when you do. So the real question is - will you be disappointed in yourself?"

The answer is yes. I tried to not be yesterday, but I really am.

1 comment:

  1. I know how that feels. In the end, the only thing that worked for me was to plan, plan, plan.....shake up the routine. Just DO rather than allow yourself to think - especially when you get the 'urge' to drink. It also didn't work for me, when I did the same as you - ask other people what THEY thought. My husband said the same thing as your kids, and in the end, i realised that I was just asking him for "permission" ...and it wasn't fair to him. Maybe rather than beat yourself up, take a look at the pattern of the weekends? Try to find a way to shake it up a bit? Hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete