Friday, March 16, 2018

FAC plan 3/16/18

Well, today is the day that I meet everyone at my old school and go to the brewery after for a happy hour.  I have been super nervous even though I realize it probably won't be a big deal.  My dh husband just says, "Don't go if you don't want to." I feel like I probably should as these are new colleagues.

Here is my plan for the happy hour.

If a lot pf people aren't even going, neither am I.  I will just duck out quietly.

If I am having an anxiety attack about it, I will make something up as to why I can't go. My dog really has been having some hip problems. I will say that my son got home and the dog couldn't even walk so I need to get him to the vet. 

Best case scenario - I do go, order a kombucha and socialize for about an hour - really being present in the conversations and showing interest in other people (as opposed to dominating conversations as I did when I drank...always trying to be the funny/cool/interesting one getting pretty loud) and then go home. 

No big deal. These people will just know me as someone who doesn't drink but has fun anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Very wise of you to plan ahead. I think the dog excuse is brilliant and sounds sincere. No one could argue with that. Good luck! I will be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try not to feel like you need a reason to do what you want.
    If you choose to leave just say you have plans.
    They will see you as someone who has a life outside work.
    Have fun
    Anne

    ReplyDelete