Saturday, August 1, 2015

8/1/15 - Naltrexone - I tried it

Last night I knew I would probably have a beer when I got done running my errands so I took 1/2 a naltrexone at 5:30.  When I got home at 6:30 I drank an 8.0% beer while I was making dinner.  I got a buzz like I always do and sat down to eat dinner.  After dinner I walked the dogs (around 8:00).  I was surprised at how many people were outside and sober at this time on a Friday haha. After that I came home, watched a little tv, ate some ice cream and went to bed.

Maybe it is the placebo effect, maybe it was the full moon, maybe it was just coincidence but I just didn't want a 2nd beer that much.  I have no idea how long it has been since I have had only 1. Normally I would have been on my 2nd beer during dinner and then probably not even walked.  Even if I would have walked, I would have probably had a 3rd while watching tv.  My brain wasn't screaming at me to have another.  I even ate ice cream (which I never do) and my brain said, "Well, at least it won't give you a hangover."  It is very unusual for my brain to talk me into anything other than alcohol after I have already had one drink.  I did wake up this morning a little spacey but no hangover.  I wonder if it could be the pill as I am pretty sensitive to medication.

I am having family over tonight (the first time since the conflict in May) and we are going on family trip (including my sister and her kids) tomorrow.  The stress of tonight and the way I get on vacation (partay!) are recipes for disaster for me so I am going to be sure to take the 1/2 a pill for the next few days and see what happens.  If it continues to work, and I still feel spacey in the morning, I will try only 1/4 a pill.

Oh how I hope I wasn't imagining it working last night........

No comments:

Post a Comment