Saturday, February 7, 2015

Birthday Plans

A birthday is just the first day of another 365 day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip. Picture Quote #1

My family is going out tonight for both my and my dh's birthdays.  We always go to this fondue restaurant that the kids love.  It take a long time to eat all three courses.  In the past I would have had at least one beer while getting ready and then 2 glasses of wine with dinner.  Many times I was the only one drinking bc my husband would drive home.  Now, both of my kids drive so we would both be drinking.

After we are going to a movie at a theater that allows you to drink while watching the movie in recliner seats.  I have NEVER seen a movie in this theater sober.  Seriously, why would you?  It is perfect.  You can drink as much as you want in the dark. No one is paying attention because their focus is the movie while yours is getting wasted.

How about a new plan. How about the focus being on spending quality time with people I love in a sober, calm, fully present, completely alive way instead of a buzzed, hyper, preoccupied, selfish way.

Let's try that tonight!

1 comment: