Monday, January 1, 2018

1/1/18 New Year...New Me....I Mean It This Time!!! 4/368 Days

Image result for sober new year resolution


I have many goals this year. Here are a few of them:

Work out with weights and cardio (get in shape and lose weight)
Yoga and meditation (calm my mind and be more flexible)
Drink more water
Eat a healthy diet
Get enough sleep

NONE of these things will happen if I drink so my #1 and most important goal for 2018 is...

I WILL NOT DRINK

Even is that means I do skip a workout or eat crappy. My number one priority will be to remain sober for 368 days (already on day 4).  I know from when I quit smoking that if I take care of all the other things on the list, staying sober will be easier for me as I am kind of an all or nothing kind of person. If I say "screw it" to other thinks, I might be more likely to say "screw it" to sobriety. If I am really vigilant and about being healthy in other areas, I will be more likely to keep my sobriety goals.

I am also going to tell people that I am taking a year off from drinking. I am not going to say never again right now. I am going to say and believe that I am doing this for at least one year. Hopefully at this time next year, I will be so over the whole thing that I won;t want to even try to moderate again. If next year, I want to try to moderate next year I will deal with that then...not now.  It is not going to take up brain space.  Drinking is just not an option for the next 368 days.  I will deal with next year...next year. This year is about doing something different. Trying something different.  I have been sober every month of the year in my previous attempts except April and May and usually March and June. Spring is the hardest for me. Sun shining, school almost out, happy mood....but I will not drink this spring. 368 days...I can and will do this!

Image result for sober new year resolution

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan.
    Just don’t pick up the first drink.
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nasha Mukti Kendra in

    delhi

    E Rickshaw Manufacturers in Delhi
    Choreographer in Delhi
    Nasha Mukti Kendra in Delhi

    Thank you for this information. Not only will it help me prepare better but it has certainly given me more confidence. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choreographers in Noida
    Nasha Mukti Kendra in Gurgaon
    E Rickshaw Manufacturers in Rohini
    Nasha Mukti Kendra in Gurgaon

    I’m appreciated with your post, here you share very informative and useful seo tips for all seo beginners..I’ll learn many new stuff right here. Thank you so much for this valuable post.

    ReplyDelete