Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Party

So I really have been isolating myself, which actually is fine with me right now.  My 17 dd is not making some good choices right now (poor grades, staying out past curfew) so I have had more than my hands full with her.  We are kind of all about tough love and consequences.  Unfortunately for me, that means taking away her car.  This means we have to driver her back and forth to school. Urghh!  I am glad I am sober to be dealing with the rut she is in right now.  She probably wishes I would go back to drinking on the weekends - I don't think I paid as much attention to what she was doing and let her get away with a lot more.

Anyway, I did NOT want to go to a super bowl party last night in our neighborhood.  I could care less, had just had an extremely busy (13 yo ds's basketball) and stressful (dd's nonsense) weekend, and I didn't feel like dealing with a bunch of drinking people.  My dh talked me into it.  He said people were beginning to ask where I had been. I personally don't care but in this neighborhood when one part of the marriage stops showing up, it usually means trouble in paradise.  He didn't want people to think that about us, so I begrudgingly went.  I didn't have a very good attitude when I got there.  There was only 7 minutes left in the game and I was leaving as soon as it was over.

As soon as I walked in, my friend (the ones who knows I quit) brought me a seltzer water and whispered, "I wouldn't want you to be empty handed."  I thought that was very sweet.  There is this one woman in the neighborhood who I have a great deal of respect for but never really talk to bc she doesn't drink much and I was always drinking too much.  Well, I sat and talked to her for over an hour!  My husband actually had to drag me out just like old times - and I was stone cold sober!  I guess it is true, you can have a good time without drinking.  And I bet I felt a heck of a lot better than the rest of them this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment