Tuesday, September 1, 2015

hesitantly optimistic

Last weekend I think the naltrexone was working.  I did have 3 beers on Friday, but just about the time I would be in that "I need more " stage, I just stopped drinking.  I still hung out with my friends, but switched to seltzer and called it an early night. Saturday we went out to dinner and I had one glass of wine.  My dh went to a neighbors after we got home but I stayed, home watched tv with my ds and went to bed.  The naltrexone makes me feel a little crappy the next day but not nearly as bad as a hangover.  We will see..

1 comment:

  1. It would be best to closely observe the side effects of the naltrexone. But it’s nice that it at least removed the urge to drink past a certain point, and that’s a good way to start. I’ve always thought going cold turkey would raise more problems than solutions, but I guess it really depends on a person’s approach. Thanks for sharing!

    Gerard Holland @ SoberLife USA

    ReplyDelete