Sunday, May 13, 2018

5/13/18 Profound Response - Focus on now

I post to mmabsers which is an online group of amazing abstainers, one of which is Kary May :)
There is also another member named Mike who is so supportive and encouraging and gentle and understanding. He responds to everyone which such thought and care. He wrote the following response to my post this morning (which was the same as my blog post).

STOP projecting into the future of what will or won’t happen.  
STOP planning about where and when you will or won’t.  
STOP thinking failure.
STOP comparing yourself to others.
STOP looking back and comparing it to the present.

START living in the now. 

There is no magic day or month or time.  Only now.  

Iif you can embrace the now as being just as it should be,  stop projecting into the future so much and judging yourself by the past, you can begin to live in the present and start to be more at peace.  This means also cutting out some of that paralyzing fear you (we all) have.

Let go!!!  That’s the big thing.  Let go, let go, let go.  
Let go of the projecting,
Let go of the past, let go of the worries, let go of the obsession.  
A little bit at a time.  All we ever have is now my friend. 

So whoever you are on TV or whatever your plans may be, your new job, August, Mother’s Day, it all boils down to now. Just now. And right now everything is just OK.

So if you can just hold this, let go of everything else, there will be some peace and in this moment comes the next moment (or the future).  Therin is the peace and therin cuts some of the fear.

We are all human.  We all have fear.
This is simply a practice of living more serenely my friend.

This was so incredibly profound to me. It was exactly the right words, said at exactly the right time and was received by a heart that was ready to accept it. I am always so worried about comparing my present to the past and worrying about the future that I am letting my whole life pass me by. I am never really enjoying the present moment. WOW! Mind blown! Thank you, Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment