Monday, August 29, 2016

8/29/16 (Mon) You are an asshole and I am sick of you dragging me around!

Image result for sick of being sick and tired alcohol

Two weekends ago - did not drink Friday (partly because I had drank the previous Wednesday which is a big fail for me - to drink during the week). Only drank 2 on Saturday and felt really good. But then just got this crazy idea to have 1 (which turned into 4 and included not making or even eating dinner) on Sunday which made me feel completely crappy Monday.

This last weekend - nothing Friday (yeah) but then 7!!!! Saturday.  I did take my pill, it was over the course of 9 hours (5:00 pm to 1:00 am - soooo stupid), I drank water and never got super buzzed but still felt totally crappy yesterday.  Ate like shit and today am bloated, puffy, tired and depressed.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF FEELING SICK AND TIRED!!!!!

I have to lose 20 pounds.  I am only 5'4" and weighed 120-125 all the way until I was around 35.  I am now 48 and weigh around 145.  It is ridiculous! None of my clothes fit but I refuse to go buy "fat" clothes so I am uncomfortable everyday. I feel like a fat sausage squeezed into a casing with stuff spilling out.  It is disgusting!  I have puffy eyes that never get better because of all the salt I eat during a hangover.  I am overly sensitive and emotional. I am depressed, exhausted and just drag myself through most days. I make up all kinds of excuses of why I can't exercise every morning. I have no self confidence, drive, ambition or courage to change.  I feel defeated, beaten down and worthless most of the time.  But - I do put on a pretty good facade.  To most people I probably seem happy, confident, at peace with myself.

I just feel like I am living a shadow of my life...just going through the paces....the only thing I really get excited about (in all honesty ) is drinking.  Sure, I say I am excited for a neighborhood get together or a vacation or a Friday afternoon in the sun or a Saturday dinner with friends or a Sunday at my house with family or nice weekend evening watching movies or a trip to my favorite little town but really what I am excited for is the drinking that goes with all of that.  If I take the drinking out of it - really - I don't care about any of it.  That is a very sad state of affairs.  Is it possible that I don't really even enjoy life itself anymore without drinking?

I know I am not "physically" addicted (shakes, seizures, morning/everyday drinking) but I am physically addicted in my brain (the neurology of it) - not just in my thinking but in the actual way I have reconditioned my brain to be wired.

I am really honestly starting to lose hope in my ability to change or quit drinking. I have been fighting this for so long - bad weekend binge drinking in my 20's but didn't think much or if - better in my early 30s because of pregnancies and having little kids - last 10 years have been a mental and emotional and physical disaster.  I feel like I have wasted 10 years of my life being obsessed - am I going to drink? how much? when? be sure to count...drink water...eat first....take your pill...hangovers...depression...anxiety...insomnia...

WHEN AM I GOING TO FIGURE OUT THAT MY LIFE IS NOT GOING TO GET SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER  UNTIL I GIVE UP THIS ONE THING THAT HAS POWER OVER ME????  WHEN WILL I REALIZE THAT I DON'T CONTROL IT - I HAVE TRIED FOR SO LONG AND HAVE WASTED THE LAST 10 YEARS OF MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL ENERGY TRYING TO PUT A COLLAR ON THIS BEAST OF MINE AND NICELY TAKE IT FOR A WALK.  BUT IT ALWAYS WINS - I CAN TAKE IT FOR  NICE WALK FOR DAYS, MAYBE EVEN WEEKS, SOMETIMES MONTHS BUT IT ALWAYS WINS. ALWAYS PULLS TOO HARD (LIKE A REALLY BIG DOG), I FALL AND IT DRAGS ME ON THE CONCRETE LEAVING ME SCRAPED UP, BRUISED, BLEEDING AND BROKEN.  THEN I GET BACK UP, FORGIVE IT AND DECIDE I AM STRONGER THAN THIS BEAST, ACTUALLY IN CONTROL AND TRY TO WALK IT AGAIN.  ALL ALONG IT IS ALWAYS STRONGER THAN ME - CAN JUST DECIDE WHENEVER IT WANTS TOO TO PULL TO HARD AND DRAG ME HELPLESSLY AROUND. I AM IN DENIAL WHEN I THINK I ACTUALLY HAVE ULTIMATE CONTROL. IT FOOLS ME INTO THINKING I HAVE THE CONTROL SO I DON'T LET GO.

WHEN WILL I JUST DROP THE LEASH AND SAY "YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE FOR DRAGGING ME AROUND! GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO ABUSE!"

2 comments:

  1. Awwww....I am so sorry you are struggling so. I know exactly what you are talking about...many day 1's here, but don't ever quit quitting. You just need to reach a point where you say "I give up...I can't continue to do this anymore." Surrender...And you will....I reached that day last week...baby steps here...but I am shooting for forever. I hope!! Big Hugs. Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear SFB,
    I had to reach a point in my life where I realized I had to stop.
    I could no longer go on drinking the way I was.
    When I finally let go, gave up, and realized that alcohol had too much power, I was able to start getting sober.
    Alcohol is cunning and a liar. And it does anything it can to keep us addicted.
    Never give up.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete