Sunday, March 1, 2015

Searching for Coincidences



http://www.ted.com/talks/helder_guimaraes_a_magical_search_for_a_coincidence?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2015-02-27

I saw this TED talk this morning.  It is pretty entertaining with a guy doing some magic tricks that are pretty amazing, but I truly believe in the message he was giving.  I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason.  We are getting "messages" from the universe, God, a higher power (whatever you believe) all the time, we just aren't usually paying attention.  I could name hundreds of times this has happened to me.  For example, I had to have surgery 4 years after the birth of my second child.  I was a stressed out disaster - trying to work full time, run a household and be a good mom.  As I was laying in the hospital bed at 4:00 am, I turned on the TV and a woman came on talking about how your life is your choice, that you only have one life to live and how you live it is a choice.  She said and I quote, "Money isn't everything. Your priority right now should be your children.  Everything else will work itself out."  I was flabbergasted.  I felt like it was a "message". My dd had a teacher who job shared.  I asked her the next week what it was like to job share. She said and I quote, "Oh my gosh, I need a partner next year. You should do it with me!"  I couldn't believe it! After a lot of contemplating about the .5 paycheck, I took the job for 2 years.  It wasn't easy financially, but we made it through and I was much happier.

I could probably give hundreds of examples of this happening in my life.  I think that the "universe" will always steer us in the right direction and is always giving us clues, it is our job to pay attention and listen.

Wow! That was deep this morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment